Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stress baking.

It's kind of my thing.

There are positives and negatives to this trait of mine.  It's a study in contrasts: I'm productive, but I'm making cookies or brownies or cake.  I'm not wallowing in misery, but I'm not making any progress on things I need to do.  I can give them to my friends, but many have a reflex emotion or concern rather than elation when I hand them delicious melty chocolate chips.

I do other things to dodge stress.  Not that it works, but I guess it helps.  I take an exceptionally long shower.  I watch (or re-watch) a scene of A Very Potter Musical.  I pick up any of my Terry Pratchett books and choose a page at random to start reading.  I go to Wikipedia and study up on the past cycles of Top Model.  But when it gets REALLY bad, I decide I have to incorporate whatever I'm learning about with my other passion: hip-hop.

I'm combining it with criminal law.

I started to re-write Kelis' "Milkshake," and I got through the first chorus:

My homicide brings all D.A.'s to the yard
And they're like,
"Is this depraved heart?"
Manslaughter?
No, it's depraved heart.
I could free you, but I'd rather charge.

I got through a bit of "Hey Ya," as well:

My D.A. don't mess around
Because she does her job
And this I know fo' sho....
But did he really want to
Kill that dude with that knife
Which degree should go?.....
Do try to fight the villain
'Cause mens rea alone is killin' guys just now...
Thank God that MPC [Model Penal Code for all of y'all]
did stick degrees together 'cause we don't know how....

Aaaaaactus..... reaaaaaaaas (etc. etc. like 80 times)


This is as far as I've gotten.  Help me if you can, if not; pray for me.

Feelin' no remorse, feelin' like my hand was forced,

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. When it blizzard'ed in MD, you know how I rewrote that song..."My snowflakes bring all the plows to the yard." Clearly you are normal. :)

    ReplyDelete