Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Getting there

Hey all.

Yep, updated this to make it look prettier.  Something in my head was like "yo if you change this shiz up you will update more."  It's mostly that I think I just need to lock away an hour or two a week and post as consistently as I possibly can, and worry less about quality. 

Since we last spoke,  I have pretty much officially taken up running and really, really love it.  It took a couple weeks to not actively hate the world every time I stepped on the treadmill or the road, but I'm now actually realizing that I'm getting twitchy if I don't run.  Since I'm on a string of antibiotics currently (I'm blaming law school for consistently getting me sick even though that goes against literally everything I've learned as a biology major/I don't care/come at me, bro), I am actually not allowed to run for a week and I am PISSED.  I did my first ever 5k last weekend and now I'm hooked.

But please let me explain: I could place a tortoise on my treadmill and the thing would have few, if any, problems keeping up with me.  I am SLOW.  Empires rise and fall in the time it takes me to complete a mile, let alone 3.1.  Additionally, I'm not skinny.  I haven't really been, ever, even when I was playing soccer in high school and running about 4 miles a day before practice even started.  These two things often mean that I will hide while running.  I go to the basement level of my gym to run because the top one with all of its Lululemon scares me.  I run on the trail near the Boy's house because I'll generally only see families on bikes over a 3 mile run.  I'm down 15 pounds from when I started running in June but it'll be a while before I'll feel comfortable in shorts.

I'm not letting this stop me, and posting here is my new accountability.  I'm running.  I'm losing weight.  I'm sleeping better.  I feel better.  I'm registered for a half marathon relay in late October and by this time next year, I'd like to run the entire 13.1.

And I could use all the encouragement I can possibly get.  

No comments:

Post a Comment