Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Some youthful things that I don't understand

Presented in no particular order
  • Any and all new dance moves starting with the Dougie
    • No really like what are they, wasn't like basically all dance invented already including the Harlem Shake which to my knowledge is not the same thing
  • The Disney Channel's current programming
    • I could not name a single show on that channel right now, and I'm still trying to process the fact that Lizzie McGuire had a baby.  Like an actual baby.  I remember when her biggest issue was murder-mystery-party-related drama and dealing with her younger brother with that friend he had that never talked
  • PINK by Victoria's Secret
    • Is this a sex thing 
      • No really I don't get it
    • And the clothes say "LOVE PINK" like what does that mean like "I Love Pink" or "love, Pink" like Pink is now an entity capable of signing letters or like a demanding "LOVE PINK OR WE WILL DO BAD THINGS"
  • Tumblr
    • Yes I have one
    • Adrienne has to post things because I don't totally get it
  • Crop tops
    • Like this is a shirt but it's not really on what occasions can you wear this 
    • It's not an issue of it being "too revealing" because oh my God who cares but srsly when can you wear one
    • Also it's fascinating because if you asked like a hundred people what body part they most like to show off I wonder how many would say "my lower abdominal area"
  • Putting feathers in your hair
    • It always kinda looks like you just ate a bird and got a little messy
      • No issue if that's what you're going for but I think it's not?
  • Zombies
    • These are people you knew who died terribly and then get back up and start walking around and want to eat your head
      • How is this cool and not the most terrifying thing ever
      • Like seriously the fact that there are zombie-comedy movies out there blows my mind because AHHH THEY ARE DEAD AND THEY STILL MOVE
        • I am a wimp
  • Most slang phrases
    • Yolo
      • I use this regularly but it does not mean I understand it because I say things like "bought another book for my Kindle #yolo" and I don't think that's right
        • I really don't know how you're supposed to use it, do you say it when you're doing something dangerous or something good for you?
    • Throwing shade
      • What does this mean, I think it's like a bad thing?
      • See also "mean mugged"
        • I learned "mean mugged" from Kieffer on Teen Mom 2
    • Bougie
      • Not a damn clue about this one
    • Swag
      • Just kidding this is a GREAT word and I use it correctly all the time
  • Sock buns
    • It took me a really long time to get that this wasn't just like a fun name for this but you are supposed to put an actual sock in your hair
  • A/S/L
    • I thought this was the abbreviation for American Sign Language
    • I have no clue what it means and I can't seem to search in an effective way can someone please just tell me
  • Bieber
    • Haven't the faintest
    • It's like a boy band but there's just one boy 

No comments:

Post a Comment